For the love of order
After leaving the Giant library, the party studies the books that they acquired from the hidden chamber. They learn several things from them.
- The giant magic system is based on spell fragments, rather than spells. When casting, they combine fragments together to get an combined effect.
- There is discussion of the “triplex procul turrim” which was somehow damaged in the war with the dragons. This often comes with venerational references to Dlerner Flizassohn (Giant leader in the end of the giant/dragon war (last of the dynesty). powerful in magic, but lost) and Klagdi Tromurat (sort of a spell, sort of a way of casting).
- The triplex procul turrim seems to be a known object to the writers and is not well described but significantly improves magical abilities. (Says Thomas: big, a place maybe? Three pillars)
- There are descriptions of how to combine spell fragments into multi-person castings. These take much longer than “usual” castings but can also be much more powerful.
- These are not detailed descriptions.
- They do indicate that there is the potential for significant negative effects if they are done incorrectly