For the love of order
Threads and Hooks
This page is to list plot threads and hooks. Note you are welcome to add Player Secrets here if there is, say, a hook that you may wish to keep in Troy’s mind, but which is secret to the party for now.
These are things the characters might wish to pursue.
Plot Threads – Maintaining
These are things we might attend to when the world isn’t demanding our attention for major events, which are not to be ignored, but not expected to be completed.
- Gilly and Syama have interests in Atur, running a major charitable enterprise, which does many good works and quietly promotes a CG agenda, and would like to keep it running smoothly and expand its power to help people.
- Syama has an association of scholars, and would like to check up on them from time to time.
- Gilly also has a major criminal enterprise in Atur, supporting its members and more covertly promoting a CG agenda, and would like to keep it running smoothly and expand its power.
- Gilly has a follower who has been changed by the Cult of the Dragon Below’s ritual, and would like to know how that stands, and offer what support she might. Fixing him might fall under ‘when we’re big’.
- Thomas would like to check in with Laraellien whenever he is reasonably near.
- Victor would like to check in with his group outside Atur from time to time.
Plot Threads – In a Quiet Moment
These are things we might attend to when the world isn’t demanding our attention for major events, and have the potential to actually get resolved i
- Thomas’s sister Roberta has been enslaved by Drow, and he would like to locate and rescue her.
- Maral wishes to locate and secure a small amount of gizdium for his family. They may be interested later in establishing a proper mining operation.
- Maral wishes to figure what he thinks his Abadar-given purpose is, and may pursue it as a Quiet Moment or a When We’re Big, depending on what it is.
Plot Threads – Someday When We’re Big
Here list things we would like to pursue when we are powerful enough, but we expect we’re not yet. We might be able to do research that would made this easier/better, but don’t have a plan for how we would tackle it if we had a bit of downtime.
- Though it hardly counts, being the central thread of the campaign… Syama would love to prevail in the winnowing struggle and become the PN.
- Victor would love to claim the Iron Tower for his own.
- There’s an artifact-level dragon sword on the Lightly Chaotic Plane, we’d like to avoid having it empower the draconic PN party.
- On Argonnesson, there is said to be an item of great interest to the Rune Giants.
- The magic users of the party may like to figure more about this Rune Magic thing.
- On Xen’drik, there is a giant with unwanted horns, we might fix that someday.
- We may someday wish to Do Something About: Kirkata, the Necromancer, the Mournlands, the Mror Holds.
These are things that the world might tug to pull the party in some direction.
- Thomas loves the nymph Laraellien and is her champion, and she may ask what she wills of him.
- Maral’s family may make inquiries or requests of him.